The Hellenic Chest Diseases Society (formerly HSROCD) was founded in Thessaloniki in 1982.
Its headquarters are located at 2, Ioanni Kranidioti Street, at LamdaCenter in Pylea, Thessaloniki.
The aims of the Society are:
- The promotion and the scientific advocacy of the investigation and application of pulmonary with the use of scientific means and methods. A particular focus is given to the advocacy of the diagnostics of lung diseases.
- The education of pulmonologists and doctors of similar specialism in pulmonary issues and subject matters of lung diseases.
- The spread of preventive medicinal pulmonary and preventive medicine of thorax diseases to the public, which is achieved through:
- The organization of seminars, conferences, public talks, postgraduate lessons and other scientific communication events, independent or in collaboration with Greek or foreign scientific organizations, the establishment of laboratories, the publication of scientific writings and magazines, the administration of scholarships for postgraduate degrees and specialism in pulmonary and medicinal practice, the delivery of research projects and the conduct of research related to scientific subject matters that are covered by the Society and particularly those which present a wider national interest.
- The collaboration and exchange of medicinal information with other Greek or foreign similar scientific organizations and medicinal or other scientific associations of Greece.
- The organization of Pan-Hellenic or international conferences in Greece with topics related to our Society’s aims, mentioned above.
Public Relations Officer