Chairs: Venerino Poletti, Katerina Antoniou;
Speakers: Elizabeth Renzoni, Sara Tomassetti, Athol Wells, Sergio Harari, Georgia dalpiaz, Bruno Crestani
The ongoing COVID-19 epidemic affects interstitial lung diseases in all stages of disease and therapy. Preliminary data suggests a potential deleterious effect.
Programme of the webinar:
- Diagnosis of ILDs: pearls and pitfalls: Giorgia Dalpiaz (10 min)
- Interventional Procedures: Sara Tomassetti (10 min)
- ILDs patients in the era of pandemic COVID-19: Athol Wells (10min)
- Rheumatic diseases with ILD: management: Elizabeth Renzoni (10min)
- Main clinical trials for covid-19; main issues for ILDs patients: Bruno Crestani (10min)
- The day after in patients recovered with pre-existing ILDs: Sergio Harari (10min)
- Q and A session: 15 minutes
Pulmonologists and ILD specialists should be aware of the presentation and management of complications by COVID-19 in their patients.
The webinar will be lecture-based, consisting of a 60 minute lecture and 15 minute discussion / Q&A session based on questions from the audience.
Implications of COVID-19 on diagnosis, interventional procedures, staging, surgery, and therapy of IPF, sarcoidosis and rheumatic diseases with pulmonary involvement.
Following this webinar, participants will be able to address the multiple challenges encountered in the management of patients with ILDs, such as diagnosis, staging and treatment.
- Diagnosis of ILDs: pearls and pitfalls – Giorgia Dalpiaz (10 min)
- Interventional procedures – Sara Tomassetti (10 min)
- ILDs patients in the era of pandemic COVID-19 – Athol Wells (10 min)
- Rheumatic diseases with ILD: management – Elizabeth Renzoni (10 min)
- Main clinical trials for COVID-19: main issues for ILDs patients – Bruno Crestani (10 min)
- The day after in patients recovered with pre-existing ILDs – Sergio Harari (10 min)
Can I receive CME credits?
ERS has applied for an accreditation of this webinar by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP), 1 CME credit per 1-hour attendance. In case of acceptance, CME credit will be granted upon attendance during the LIVE webinar only. The result of the accreditation will be presented here in the upcoming days.
Please ensure that you join the webinar on time to be eligible for CME and attendance certificates. When you access the live webinar, it is mandatory that you write your name exactly as in the confirmation email you receive. More details regarding your CME and attendance certificates will be sent to you via email 1–2 weeks after the webinar.
What is a webinar?
The webinar closely simulates a lecture-based teaching experience. The speaker can interact with the audience, just as in a classroom setting.
This webinar comprises of a 60-minute lecture followed by a 15-minute question-and-answer session. During the webinar you will be asked to share your opinion on issues related to the topic using interactive polls.
All participants will be able to hear the lecturer and see the slides throughout the presentation. As a participant you will be able to pose questions or discuss ideas with the other participants via the text chat facility and the speaker will respond to the questions via the microphone.
How do I log in?
Connection details will be communicated in due course via email to all registered participants.
- Please log in to the webinar 20 minutes before it is scheduled to commence. If you have any technical difficulties whilst trying to log in or during the session, please contact email@example.com
- Check the Central European Summer Time.
- To achieve the best quality, we recommend to stop all other programmes and to avoid downloading anything from the internet during your connection to the lecture.
- Ensure that your audio settings are not set to mute and adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
Will a recording be available after the live webinar?
- A full recording will be available immediately after the live webinar on the following page: https://www.youtube.com/user/ERSeducation/live
- An edited recording with presentations will be available a few days after the live webinar on the following ERS E-learning resources page: https://www.ers-education.org/events/webinars.aspx#pastwebinars